Sunday, July 4, 2010

Insta-Mapper GPS Tracker

As you can see... my GPS tracker by Insta-Mapper is online and working. Each day my cell phone will transmit my position as I make my way out West. Areas that have no cell reception will upload once I reach an area that does have coverage available.

The GPS Tracker is a free program that utilizes Google Maps. This is a simple program that you download onto your phone. The program can be set to transmit your position at set periods of time. You run the application whenever you choose to run it and it has nothing to do with any GPS services offered through the cellular carrier.

Nice program and best of all.... FREE


2 comments:

  1. Hey Chris. It is so cool being able to follow you on this trip. I hope you are experiencing good weather. Ttyl. Marianna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marianna... I had to push back my departure to July 14th. It is going to be a great trip. Thanks for watching.

    ReplyDelete