Thursday, July 30, 2009

Home at Last

I made it home on Wednesday around 17:00.

The first thing to notice upon leaving Fort Wayne was that the skies were gray... very gray and the air had the feeling that said rain. Over one hour on the road heading East towards Pittsburgh and no rain yet... I was beginning to think that I might luck out. No such luck.... the rain started and continued at a good pace for the rest of the trip.

Once the rain started I exited route 30 and hit the LH to avoid some of the heavier traffic. I decided that I would stop for lunch at the Steel Trolley Diner that is located in Lisbon Ohio since I stopped at Nicole's Diner (further West on the LH) on the way out. I cannot remember the name of the town where Nicole's is located but they had some of the tastiest broasted chicken!


The Steel Trolley Diner is without a doubt the best diner I have ever visited.




The Steel Trolley Diner, is a 1956
O'Mahony Diner located in Lisbon, Ohio on the corner of Route 30 and Jefferson St.

I had a bowl of Chili, a grilled cheese sandwich and a piece of their World Famous Governors Pie which was so good I would have bought one to take home if I
couldf have carried it on my motorcycle.

This is worth checking out if you are in the Eastern Ohio, South Western PA area.

Thanks for following my travels.

Chris



1 comment:

  1. Glad your home safe even if a little wet and I'm glad you left Ohio well fed. The Steel Trolley is indeed worth checking out. Thanks for sharing the trip.

    ReplyDelete