Friday, July 6, 2012

Day two 


No riding but plenty of sight seeing at Colonial Williamsburg.   If you ever get a chance.. check it out.  I am staying at the Governors Inn (CHEAP but clean) and the room price includes admission to the historic district.


I stopped by the Bruton Parish Church for a mid morning service.  I have to say that the prayer service was very nice but I could not help but think how cool it is to be in a church that Thomas Jefferson, George Washington, Richard Henry Lee, George Wythe, Patrick Henry, and George Mason attended.















Throughout the day I attended many presentations and visited many historic buildings.  The Governor's Palace was what you would think it would be.  The gardens to the rear of the building were even better.

Later in the evening after dinner at Christianna Campbells, I attended an evening music recital at the church.  Superb organist...  very average trumpet player.



All in all a great day...very hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment